Cystoscopy may be done to:
- Find the cause of many urinary system problems. Examples include blood in the urine, pain when you urinate, incontinence, frequent urinary tract infections, and blockages in the urinary tract.
- Remove tissue samples for testing (biopsy).
- Remove a foreign object.
- Insert a stent. This helps urine flow from the kidneys to the bladder.
- Treat certain problems. The test can be used to remove stones or growths, help stop bleeding in the bladder, or remove a blockage.
- Inject a dye that is used for a special type of X-ray of the ureter and kidney.
Anything that potentially causes pain and discomfort is also going to cause a lot of anxiety. Anxiety in turn, causes muscles to tense up, instead of relaxing, which would make the procedure more difficult and potentially more painful. So, what’s a patient to do? MUSIC! Music is a known therapeutic and calming agent.
One of our happiest, most-satisfied customers used the Surgical Serenity Solution with her cystoscopy and reported “I was really not looking forward to this procedure. But I had been having some serious symptoms and cancer runs in the family, so I knew I needed to go ahead and have the cystoscopy. I ordered the surgical headphones and as soon as I put them and started listening to this beautiful music, I knew that I would get through it. I highly recommend this concept. They just take you to another whole world and make the procedure seem less scary and painful!”